Academic Independence only hires the most qualified candidates for the positions of educational consultant and tutor. We teach each tutor and consultant the value of the self-regulated learning approach. In turn, these tutors and consultants teach your student how to help themselves.
We travel to your home or school to provide the most convenient service to you, our clients.
• Learning style assessment
• Guided goal setting
• Master plan to achieve goals
• Tailored, weekly assignment plans
• Our unique Strategy Graph
• Guided assessment reflection
• Finals Binder, complete with tips and strategies specifically for finals or mid-terms
Our Educational Consultants utilize the principles of self-regulated learning to improve concept mastery and instill confidence in each student regardless of learning difference.
Our consultants evaluate each student in order to accomplish the following:
- Identify learning style
- Set appropriate goals
- Proper utilization of all resources available
- Establish organizational and planning routines
- Incorporate a variety of methods to improve results
- Monitor progress
- Improve motivation
At Academic Independence, we empower students to master core classroom concepts, while building accountability for their own responsibilities and time.
Our program is fully invested in the needs of each student, by tailoring study plans to their specific strengths.
- Get Focused! (Student workshop exploring methods to manage ADHD)
- Self-Regulated Learning Study Skills
Need help with just one subject or an upcoming test? We offer subject-specific tutoring to reinforce concepts in classes like Math, Science, and English while incorporating the most essential concepts of self-regulated learning to help students stay organized, hone time management skills, and choose the best study strategies for each class.
Content-based, subject-specific tutoring
- Algebra II
- English Literature
- English Writing & Grammar