The Method : Individualized Approach
At Academic Independence, we empower students to master core classroom concepts, while building accountability for their own responsibilities and time. Our program is fully invested in the needs of each student, by tailoring study plans to their specific strengths.
Our consultants evaluate each student in order to accomplish the following:
- Learning Style Assessment
- Guided goal setting
- Master plan to achieve goals
- Establish organizational and planning routines
- Tailored, weekly assignment plans
- Incorporate a variety of methods to improve results
- Monitor progress using our unique Strategy Graph
- Guided assessment reflection
- Improve motivation
Subject Specific and Accountability Tutoring
Our Educational Consultants utilize the principles of self-regulated learning to improve concept mastery and instill confidence in each student regardless of learning difference.
- Self-Regulated Learning Study Skills
- Get Focused! (Student workshop exploring methods to manage ADHD)
- Elementary School Math
- Middle School Math
- English Literature
- English Writing and Grammar
- Elementary and Middle School Science
- Life Sciences
- Study Skills and Time Management
Academic Independence only hires the most qualified candidates for the positions of educational consultant and tutor. We teach each tutor and consultant the value of the self-regulated learning approach. In turn, these tutors and consultants teach your student how to help themselves.
We travel to your home or school to provide the most convenient service to you, our clients.